The workshop will take place at the conference center
Hauptstr. 5, 53604 Bad Honnef
near Bonn. Free accommodation and meals will be offered to the participants by the WEH-Stiftung.
Phones for taxi service in Bad Honnef and Rhöndorf: (0049) 2224 2222 or (0049) 2224 2121.
Arrival is on Sunday afternoon 17:00 - 21:00 h or on Monday morning before 13.00 h. Departure is on Wednesday afternoon or on Thursday morning directly after breakfast.
How to reach the place
The Physikzentrum Bad Honnef is in the Bonn/Cologne area.
- If you travel by plane, the closest airport is the one of Bonn/Cologne. From the airport you can reach Rhöndorf, Bad Honnef directly by train about every hour. It takes about 40 minutes. Please, find train and bus connections at the local transportation company website VRS from Köln/Bonn Flughafen Bf (Terminal 1/2) to Hauptstraße 5, Bad Honnef.
- Alternatively, you can opt to reach Bonn main station by bus every 30 minutes and then proceed from there. It takes about 30 minutes from the airport to Bonn.
- As a third option, you could take a taxi to the Physikzentrum (40 km, about € 40).
However, depending on your point of departure you might land at the airport of Dusseldorf or the one of Frankfurt. Both of them are connected to Bonn main station by rapid trains.
From Bonn main station (Bonn Hauptbahnhof)From the main station you can take
- the commuter rail (S-Bahn) No. 66 with destination Bad Honnef (duration 35 min). Step off at "Am Spitzenbach" and walk to the Physikzentrum (400 m).
- a taxi to the Physikzentrum Bad Honnef (distance 18 km, about € 25).